Italian Stuffed Peppers
This is another one of our family's go to's whenever we are having a big family dinner or entertaining. It's so easy to make and they are always a big hit! They are actually pretty simple to make and have beautiful presentation. Here is what you will need...
- 1-2 Tbsp. of Avacado Oil
- 3 Large Bell Peppers (I usually use green or red)
- 1 lb. ground Spicy Italian sausage (You can also substitute this for a sweet sausage or ground Turkey for all of my healthy peeps.)
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced or finely chopped (Tip: NEVER buy the already minced garlic in a jar. It's gross.)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (As I have said before, cheese should NEVER come from a can.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut Bell Peppers in half removing the center membrane and the seeds.
- Warm Avacado Oil in pan
- Brown the sausage and drain the fat
- Combine the browned Sausage, Garlic, Parmigiano Reggiano, Eggs and Chopped Basil until mixed well
- Place the mixture in each half Pepper bowl.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- You can add sauce on top to serve or even some extra cheese if you like.
Serve warm and I hope you love them. Now MANGIA!