My White Bean Chicken Chili
I don't know if you guys can tell, but the weather is slowly but surely warming up here. I think we're ready to open up the pool and start enjoying our time outside again. Before it gets too warm, I wanted to make sure I share with you another Gosnell favorite. This one is great because I can cook it relatively quickly on the stove or if I have a busy day I can toss it all in a crockpot and it still turns out great! If you choose to do so you can either cook it on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours in your crockpot. Below is the recipe for cooking it on the stove.
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion (Diced)
- 1 of each Red, Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Seeded and diced)
- 3 small/medium Red potatoes (chopped. I leave on the skin)
- 2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp. Chipotle Powder
- 2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Cans of Navy Beans (drained) Canneloni Beans also work.
- 1 Bottle of White Ale/Beer
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (Shredded). I use desired amount.
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- Melt the butter and add Olive Oil.
- Add White onion, Bell Peppers and Potatoes with the Cumin, Chipotle Powder and Salt. Saute for 5-10 minutes
- Add Garlic
- Stir in the Beans and Beer
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes then add the Chicken and Broth. Cook on high until reduced by half.
- Cook until desired thickness
***We love to serve ours with Cheddar Cheese and Chives. I also make my family biscuits with them as well. They LOVE it!
Let me know how you guys like it and as always...MANGIA!