A Beginners Guide to Cannoli’s
Something you guys will soon realize is…I LOVE food! It is a huge part of my life, not in a survival kind of way but more from an enjoyment aspect. One of my favorite things to make when we are entertaining friends or family are my grandmothers Cannoli’s. They are THE BEST. As we all can understand, life can get pretty hectic sometimes so I am going to share with you guys this recipe “Quickie Style.” Which means it doesn’t include making the Shells from scratch but instead just the filling. If you’re lucky, many grocery stores carry packaged cannoli shells but since I live in the South, those are sometimes hard to come by. I usually purchase mine from our bakery section at the grocery store. Since this is my grandmothers recipe, I call these…
Rita’s Quickie Cannolis
- 6 Large Cannnoli Shells or 20 Mini Cannoli Shells
- 1 lb. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 jigger Crème de Cacao ( a shot glass of Vanilla Extract will work just fine)
- 2 tbs. confection sugar
- 2 tbs. Chocolate Chips chopped (Ghirardelli are my favorite)
- Drain Ricotta Cheese for about 1 hour
- Combine Ricotta, Crème de Cacao/Vanilla Extract, confection sugar and Chocolate Chips
- Mix well
- Using a small spoon, stuff the filling into each end of the Cannoli Shell making sure there is no empty space left in the middle.
NOTE*** Sometimes I use a knife to gently make sure the filling gets all the way to the center.
- OPTION: you can add extra chocolate chips on each end as well if you choose to give you some extra chocolate!
- ***Store them covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
There you have it my friend, you have made Cannoli’s. Now time to enjoy. MANGIA!
You can shop my kitchenware below also!